Compost Tea needs for large acreage operations are best matched with our 500 gallon Compost Tea System500.
Using Compost Tea in landscape, farm and garden center applications is easy with our 100 gallon Compost Tea System100.
Making regular batches of Compost Tea for one to five acres is easy with our 25 gallon Compost Tea System25.
The System10 is ideal for homeowners, small nursery operations and research environments.
Creating an optimum environment for biodiversity
All Growing Solutions Compost Tea Systems use our Fine Bubble Diffusion dynamic aeration process. Each Fine Bubble Diffusion aeration disc has 4,000 engineered perforations (1mm in size) that provide consistent air bubble size and velocity. The Compost Tea solution is thoroughly mixed by the Fine Bubble Diffusion aeration process inside the tank, eliminating the need for external agitation. This dynamic aeration process ensures maximum oxygen transfer efficiency, creating an optimum environment for reproduction of beneficial aerobic microorganisms. Each disc’s perforations self seal when the Compost Tea System is off, preventing back flow of Compost Tea into the air manifold.
Industrial grade components
Growing Solutions Compost Tea Systems are custom engineered. Unlike other manufacturers, we do not use standard off-the-shelf liquid storage tanks. We partner with two design-build manufacturing companies with full engineering departments. We own our tooling molds (25 individual molds), putting Growing Solutions in a position to provide accuracy, quality and cost benefits to the end user, and to easily scale production to meet market demand.
- Engineered HDPE (high density polyethylene) rotational molded tanks, bases and shelving. 100% recyclable material. UV stabilized.
- Engineered ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) vacuum molded basket trays, filter baskets and shelf lids with CNC post-production detailing. Manufactured of 50% recycled material, 100% recyclable material.
- Stainless steel and brass fasteners used across all machines for non-corrosive longevity and durability.
- ABB electrical motor starters and safety switches. The ABB brand specifications exceed US and Canadian electrical standards.
- Banjo® glass-filled polypropylene valves and plumbing components for durability and longevity.
- Food grade standard air delivery tubing from Japan for longevity and pliability.
- Fine Bubble Diffusion aeration technology constructed of glass-filled polypropylene and EPDM rubber for reliability and longevity.
- Sintered ceramic airstones delivering consistent source of air inside our filter baskets.
- Siemens® regenerative air blowers (System100 and System500) are the highest rated blowers in their class with an eight-year continuous use rating and high heat tolerances.
- The Alita linear magnetic air blower (System25) is an extremely reliable, quiet and energy efficient blower with low use (65 watt) energy consumption and a five-year continuous use rating.
United States Patent 6,649,405
Growing Solutions was issued U.S. Patent No. 6,649,405 on November 18, 2003, for its Compost Tea Systems. The patent covers Growing Solutions’ innovative System design that features Fine Bubble Diffusion technology. Below is the official abstract:
“A compost tea system uses a water-holding tank for containing process water. Compost is immersed into the water in the tank in baskets defining a filter media. Air is pumped into membrane disk diffuser modules in the tank and the liquid is sparged with fine bubbles to thoroughly agitate the liquid, extract nutrients and microorganisms from the compost, and to ensure a high concentration of dissolved oxygen in the liquid. The high level of oxygen selects for desired aerobic organisms to produce a rich compost tea. The finished tea is drained out of the tank and the tank and its components are easily cleaned and sanitized.”
Compost Tea Systems are in use worldwide
Growing Solutions Compost Tea Systems are in use in 37 countries and are expanding into the African and Asian markets.